Leading-edge facial fillers (commonly referred to as a cosmetic fillers or dermal fillers) add volume to the face, soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, contour the shape of your face and ultimately restore a natural, youthful appearance. Fillers can be used in virtually any area of the face and, in the hands of a skilled injector, can produce a wide range of cosmetic benefits including: Lifting & contouring cheeks, smoothing facial lines, plumping lips and contouring the face.
HOW DO DERMAL FILLERS WORK?
As we age, our skin changes. Over time, our skin loses its natural volume and begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. This is a results of the normal aging process combined with other factors including genetics and environmental factors. Volume loss and sagging facial skin instantly make the face look older. Our fillers are a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Cosmetic fillers are injected under the skin to instantly “fill” in lost facial volume and smooth away those wrinkles and folds.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY FILLER APPOINTMENT?
Your cosmetic filler consultation is the perfect opportunity to get one-on-one advice on how to enhance your natural beauty. Whether it’s age-related sagging or filling out thin lips, our expert clinicians are here to help! Upon reviewing your areas of concern your clinician will discuss the best fillers to meet your needs and will work with you to establish a treatment plan.
When you first arrive for your filler appointment you’ll meet with one of our trained clinicians who will answer any additional questions you may have and go over important pre-treatment and post-treatment information. When possible, we always try to pair you with same clinician you’ve consulted with, rest assured we keep detailed notes so you won’t have to re-explain your desired outcome. Our registered nurse will begin injecting fillers into the target area. A typical treatment takes between 20 to 30 minutes.
PRE & POST TREATMENT GUIDES
- 1 to 2 weeks before treatment: AVOID chemical peels & laser treatments.
- 10 days before treatment: AVOID retinol, Retin A, Differin & topical products.
- 10 days before treatment: AVOID all blood thinning agents such as; Aspirin, Motrin, Flax Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Advil, Ibuprofen, Alleve (Naproxen), Gingko Biloba, garlic, ginseng & St. Johns Wort.
- 24 hrs before treatment: AVOID alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods & cigarettes.
- Cold packs may be used to help reduce swelling.
- Expect to feel firmness at the injection site for a few days after treatment, this is normal.
- Day of treatment: AVOID wearing makeup.
- Night of treatment: When washing your face DO NOT rub or press on treated area(s), gently blot dry.
- 6 hrs to 3 days after treatment: DO NOT press, rub or manipulate the treated area(s). Avoid direct pressure on the areas. Sleep on your back if possible.
- 24 hrs after treatment: AVOID alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods & cigarettes.
- 48 hrs after treatment: AVOID extensive sun exposure, heat, strenuous exercise & alcoholic beverages.
- 10 days after treatment: AVOID all blood thinning agents such as; Aspirin, Motrin, Flax Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Advil, Ibuprofen, Aleve (Naproxen), Gingko Biloba, garlic, ginseng & St. Johns Wort.
- 1 to 2 weeks after treatment: AVOID chemical peels & laser treatments.
- If bruises develop you may take oral Arnica or apply it topi-cally.