BOTOX COSMETIC®: $8/unit – average dose is between 20 and 40 units
Minimally-invasive injectable used to improve the look of moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
Fresh Medical Spa specializes in BOTOX COSMETIC® treatments in Windsor, Ontario. We’re focused on delivering natural-looking results in a safe, comfortable environment.
HOW DO BOTOX INJECTIONS WORK?
BOTOX® injections relax overworked facial muscles resulting in the disappearance of skin creasing (wrinkles). This purified neurotoxic protein (from the botulinum bacterium) is injected directly into the muscle that creates the wrinkle. Once injected, they hinders nerve impulses from reaching the muscle, as a result, the muscle is unable to contract and weakens. As the muscle weakens, the skin overlying the muscle relaxes and the wrinkles gradually soften then disappear.
WHAT AREAS CAN BOTOX TREAT?
BOTOX® injections are best used to treat wrinkles and lines that are caused by underlying muscle activity. It can used to treat moderate to severe forehead lines, frown lines and crow’s feet.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN GETTING BOTOX INJECTIONS
Whether it’s your first time getting BOTOX®, or your 15th, Fresh Medical Spa offers a clean, safe and comfortable environment, conveniently located in the heart of Windsor, Ontario.
When you first arrive for your BOTOX® appointment you’ll meet with one of our trained clinicians who will answer any questions you may have and go over important pre-treatment and post-treatment information.
Our medical director, Dr. Thomas Barnard, MD will review your medical history to ensure you are a good candidate for BOTOX® injections. During this time, you and Dr. Barnard, MD will have the opportunity to discuss the areas being treated and your desired results. You will then be asked to work your facial muscles through exaggerated movements to determine the best placement and proper amount of product needed. Dr. Barnard, MD will begin a series of minor injections based on your desired result. A typical treatment takes between 10 to 15 minutes.
For your own safety, please be aware: BOTOX® injections must be administered by a trained healthcare professional.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS & HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
You should start seeing initial results from your BOTOX® treatment anywhere from 3 to 5 days post treatment and full results within 10 days. If the lines or wrinkles were very deep to begin with, it may take up to three weeks for the the skin to fully relax.
After your treatment your clinician will go over the do’s and don’ts to ensure the best possible results. We’ll walk you through step by step recommendations and send you home with a post-treatment guide. We encourage each client to book their follow-up appointment before they leave.
BOTOX® injections typically lasts from 3 to 4 months in some cases longer. Effects generally last longer with repeated treatments.
Do not use BOTOX® injections if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients or suffer from anyneurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions prior to your treatment.
PRE & POST TREATMENT GUIDES
- 7 days before treatment: Avoid blood thinning OTC medica-tions (i.e. Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen & Aleve) & herbal supplements (i.e. Omega-3 capsules, Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort).
- 3 days before treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid & other ‘anti-aging’ products. AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing & hair removal cream on the area(s) to be treated.
- 24 hrs before treatment: Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Exercise treated muscles for 1-2 hrs after treatment (i.e. practice frowning, raising eyebrows & squinting). This helps to work anti-wrinkle injections into your muscles.
- Remain in a vertical position for 4 hrs following injection. Do not rest your head or lie down, stay upright.
- Apply ice or cold gel packs to area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) to help reduce swelling & potential bruising.
- You may begin wearing makeup once the treated area(s) have been sufficiently cooled, as instructed, & any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided.
- Avoid excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for first few days. Be gentle when cleansing or applying makeup.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities immediately.
- You may take Acetaminophen (Tylenol) if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply sunscreen SPF 30 or higher.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hrs (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skin treatments or laser treatments.