$8/unit-average dose is between 20 and 40 units
Minimally-invasive cosmetic injectable for treating wrinkles.
HOW DO ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS WORK?
Anti-wrinkle injections relax overworked facial muscles resulting in the disappearance of skin creasing (wrinkles). This purified neurotoxic protein (from the botulinum bacterium) is injected directly into the muscle that creates the wrinkle. Once injected, they hinders nerve impulses from reaching the muscle, as a result, the muscle is unable to contract and weakens. As the muscle weakens, the skin overlying the muscle relaxes and the wrinkles gradually soften then disappear.
WHAT AREAS CAN ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS TREAT?
Anti-wrinkle injections are best used to treat wrinkles and lines that are caused by underlying muscle activity. It can be used to treat the following areas:
- Crow’s Feet (around eye area)
- Frown Lines (glabellar lines)
- Worry Lines (forehead)
- Marionette Lines
- Bunny lines (on the nose)
- Smokers Lines (vertical lines around the lips)
- Nasolabial folds
- Eyebrow Lift
- Vertical neck bands
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN GETTING ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS
When you first arrive for your appointment you meet with one of our trained clinicians who will answer any questions you may have and go over important pre-treatment and post-treatment information. Your clinican will also review your medical history to ensure you are a good candidate for Anti-wrinkle injections. You will be asked to work your facial muscles through exaggerated movements to determine the best placement and proper amount of product needed. Our registered nurse will begin a series of minor injections based on your desired result. A typical treatment takes between 10 to 15 minutes.
For your own safety, please be aware: Anti-wrinkle injections must be administered by a trained healthcare professional.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS & HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
You should start seeing initial results anywhere from 3 to 5 days post treatment and full results within 10 days. If the lines or wrinkles were very deep to begin with, it may take up to three weeks for the the skin to fully relax.
After your treatment your clinician will go over the do’s and don’ts to ensure the best possible results. We’ll walk you through step by step recommendations and send you home with a post-treatment guide. We encourage each client to book their follow-up appointment before they leave.
Anti-wrinkle injections typically lasts from 3 to 4 months in some cases longer. Effects generally last longer with repeated treatments.
Do not use Anti-wrinkle injections if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients or suffer from anyneurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions prior to your treatment.
PRE & POST TREATMENT GUIDES
- 7 days before treatment: Avoid blood thinning OTC medica-tions (i.e. Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen & Aleve) & herbal supplements (i.e. Omega-3 capsules, Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort).
- 3 days before treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid & other ‘anti-aging’ products. AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing & hair removal cream on the area(s) to be treated.
- 24 hrs before treatment: Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Exercise treated muscles for 1-2 hrs after treatment (i.e. practice frowning, raising eyebrows & squinting). This helps to work anti-wrinkle injections into your muscles.
- Remain in a vertical position for 4 hrs following injection. Do not rest your head or lie down, stay upright.
- Apply ice or cold gel packs to area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) to help reduce swelling & potential bruising.
- You may begin wearing makeup once the treated area(s) have been sufficiently cooled, as instructed, & any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided.
- Avoid excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for first few days. Be gentle when cleansing or applying makeup.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities immediately.
- You may take Acetaminophen (Tylenol) if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply sunscreen SPF 30 or higher.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hrs (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skin treatments or laser treatments.