Medical Microdermabrasion in Windsor, Ontario. This powerful but gentle non-invasive skin resurfacing treatment that exfoliates, refreshes and renews your skin.
HOW DOES MICRODERMABRASION WORK?
Microdermabrasion uses a combination of fine crystals and suction buff away the damaged outer layer of your skin to reveal the healthier, smoother skin below.
A precision hand piece directs a stream of very fine crystals and mild suction along the skins surface. The gentle abrasive action of the crystals combines with the suction to remove the damaged outer layer of the skin bringing the smoother, softer under layer to the surface.
WHAT CAN MICRODERMABRASION TREAT?
Microdermabrasion is an effective treatment for all skin types and colors. It is a quick, easy & safe way to exfoliate dead skin cells and repair skin damage. It can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Sun-damaged skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars and other scars
- Enlarged or oily pores
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Age Spots
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS & HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Results will vary depending on your individual skin quality. We generally recommend 5 to 8 treatments for most people. Certain conditions such as acne scarring or discoloration may require more treatments. Results improve with multiple treatments.
Lasting effects depend on proper skin care. A series of treatments will provide the best results, followed by regular maintenance treatments.
Treatment times will vary depending on the size of the treatment area. Full face treatments typically take 30 minutes.
MOST COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
Some clients experience slight dryness and mild redness after the treatment, this is a common and temporary side effect.
PRE & POST TREATMENT GUIDES
- It is important to avoid using Retin-A or exfoliating creams 1 to 3 days prior to treatment.
- Please avoid tanning creams and sprays for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid waxing or tanning the skin for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
*If you’ve recently had a chemical peel or another skin procedure such as a cosmetic filler, please notify our clinicians at your initial consultation.
*If you’ve recently had laser surgery or used Accutane you cannot recieve this treatment. Please get in touch with our clinicians to determine the best timeline.
- Keep the new skin clean and moisturized.
- Anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses may be used.
- Use a gentle non abrasive cleaner.
- Please avoid picking or scratching the treated area.
- Avoid harsh chemicals on treated area for 1 week.
- If possible, avoid sun exposure or tanning for 1 week after treatment. SPF 30+ is recommended on treated areas.
- Do not use topical exfoliation or acne treatments for 1 to 2 days following treatment.
- You many resume prescription topical medication 4 to 7 days after last microdermabrasion treatment or as instructed by your clinician.
*If you are receiving a series of treatments, please do not resume any of these products until after you have completed your last medical microdermbrasion treatment.
Enhance your natural beauty at Fresh Medical Spa in Windsor, Ontario. Serving clients in Windsor, LaSalle, Tecumseh, Lakeshore & beyond! We carry trusted brands including: Botox, Juvederm, CoolSculpting & more! Call today to schedule your FREE Consultation: 519-967-1329