The fat freezing procedure is an innovative way to contour your body by freezing unwanted fat away with no surgery or downtime.
HOW DOES FAT FREEZING WORK?
The procedure safely delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. Treated fat cells are crystalized (frozen), then die. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
You’ll be meeting with one of our certified clinicians for one-on-one consultation. During this consultation your clinician will customize a comprehensive treatment plan to meet your specific goals. Together, you’ll discuss the areas you’d like to focus on, the scope of the treatment and any questions regarding the treatment, outcomes, pre-care and post-care.
We cover all the bases during your consultation, expect to spend anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour with your clinician. Our consultations are provided free of charge.
The actual treatment time will vary depending on the number of areas being treated during the visit. Each treatment generally lasts 1 hour, some patients have more than one treatment during the same office visit.
Please Note: A $250 deposit is required to confirm your appointment. This deposit will be automatically applied towards your treatment.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS & HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Results will vary per individual based on the amount of fat being treated. You may start to see changes as quickly as 3 weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after 2 months. Your body will still continue to flush out fat cells for up to 4 to 6 months after treatment.
Once the treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), they will die and are naturally processed and eliminated from the body. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle, re-treatment is not needed.
PRE & POST TREATMENT GUIDES
- During the procedure you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, and mild pinching. You may also feel intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping sensations that subside as the treatment area becomes numb.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and firmness; transient blanching and/or mild bruising around the edges of the treatment area; tingling and stinging. Typically, these side effects are temporary and resolve completely. Many patients do experience redness in the treated areas for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. In rare cases, this redness may persist up to 2 weeks, but it will completely resolve itself.
- At 1 to 2 weeks after treatment, there may be redness, bruising, and swelling; tenderness, cramping, and aching; itching, skin sensitivity, tingling, and numbness. In some cases, numbness may persist for several weeks after a treatment. Talk to your doctor if these side effects persist past 2 weeks or worsen over time.
- Rare side effects include:
- Paradoxical hyperplasia: Visibly enlarged tissue volume within the treatment area, which may develop 2 to 5 months after treatment. Surgical intervention may be required.
- Late-onset pain with a typical onset several days after a treatment and resolution within several weeks.
- Freeze burn: First- and second-degree freeze burn may occur during treatment. It typically resolves without sequelae with proper care.
- Vasovagal symptoms: Dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, flushing, sweating, or fainting during or immediately after the treatment.
- Subcutaneous induration: Generalized hardness and/or discrete nodules within the treatment area, which may develop after the treatment and may present with pain and/or discomfort.
- Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation may occur after treatment. Typically, it resolves spontaneously.
- Hernia: Treatment may cause new hernia formation or exacerbate pre existing hernia, which may require surgical repair.
2 weeks before treatment: Discontinue topical medications or products that may be irritating to the skin to be treated, such as retinols, Tri-Luma, acne products and alpha-hydroxy acids.
5 days before treatment: Refrain from taking fish oil.
Day of treatment: Do not have any caffeine. Wear comfortable, loose or baggy clothing
You may wish to brign water, a light snack and entertainment materials (free wifi is available).
Treated area(s) may appear red for a few hours after applicator is removed. This is an expected and temporary.
You may take Tylenol, Advil, or Aleve if you experience any of the following including: Deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, diarrhea, muscle, spasms, aching and/or soreness.
Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine after yoru procedure to maintain optimal results.